June 08, 2004

Venue: Coffee Club, Millenia Walk
Time: 8.30pm
Occasion: A small meeting of people from the same internet forum


(Mod n me were telling Joe and Jeremy how we both enjoy walking a lot, just taking strolls to nowhere in particular, esp when we've something on our mind, or are feeling in the dumps.)

Mod: You just keep walking, and walking until you reach a destination, wherever it may be, if there's one.

Me: Ya. In fact, sometimes, you don't want to reach your destination. You just want to walk, keep walking.

Joe: Why would you do that?

Me: Hmm, walk your worries away?

Joe: But, I don't understand why you girls would prefer walking. Isn't it better to talk to someone about it, if you have problems?

Mod: But, there's no one to talk to.

Joe: What do you mean? Your friends?

Me: No, sometimes, you just don't want to talk to anyone. You'd rather just walk by yourself.

Joe: Go talk to someone... talk to your man. The man in your life...

Mod: Our man doesn't want to talk to us!

Me: Ya, my man doesn't want to talk to me. And, I don't have a man in my life.

(All attention on me)

Mod: Oh, come on! I'm sure you have one!

Me (smiles): But why...

Jeremy: Hey, there's your father! Talk to him!

(All laughed)


I meant it. People just don't seem to believe I am still not taken. I'm not just desperate. I'm desperately tired. There's a dream I always had for myself that is increasingly getting lost in the haze of my fatigue.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 23:38